The former 18th-century sugar plantation turned eco-park sits at the foot of Pic Paradise—the tallest mountain on St. Martin. The 150-acre (60-hectare) Loterie Farm offers visitors a chance to wine, dine, and zipline over the lush canopy and to spot monkeys along the gum tree hiking trails.
A trip to Loterie Farm is a popular way to explore the island’s biodiversity while partaking in the farm’s myriad activities, which include a zipline adventure, a multi-level swimming area connected by cascades, and an obstacle course for younger kids. A sharp contrast from the hustle and bustle of the island’s towns and beaches, the lush tropical retreat delivers a riot of fiercely protected flora and fauna.
Travelers wishing to visit Loterie Farm may visit on their own or as part of a half-day or full-day tour that leaves from Rambaud on the French side or from Phillipsburg on the Dutch. Tours generally incorporate local sightseeing highlights as well as the farm’s zipline, swimming pool, and ropes course.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The park’s natural setting, access to adventure sports, and swimming pools make it suitable for solo travelers, couples, and families with kids.
- Both the Fly Zone zipline and the Fly Zone Extreme zipline have height and weight restrictions, while the latter is also restricted to those 18 and over.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes if you want to go ziplining.
- Remember sun protection and water for hydration.
- Round-trip hotel transport, some beverages, and food may be included in a tour. Check specific tours for details.
How to Get There
Loterie Farm is in Rambaud, St. Martin, and accessible by car and taxi. It’s about a 30- to 40-minute ride from the cruise port.
When to Get There
The farm is generally open Tuesday through Sunday, from 9am to 3:30pm, but times may vary depending on the season. Arrive early in the morning to avoid the crowds. Summer months June through August are the hottest, and the rainy season generally falls between June and November.
Fly Zone Extreme Adrenaline Rush
If you’re 18 or older, get your heart pumping on Loterie Farm’s Fly Zone Extreme. Begin the adventure with a rugged truck ride through the rainforest to the top of Pic Paradis for a high-speed zipline over the jungle canopy and an obstacle course of monkey bridges, tightropes, and ladders.